Sunday, November 5

Bonfire night and Barbara's Birthday!

Just a quick one- Today's Guy Fawkes' Day and while Matt and I had plans to check out the fireworks last night and tonight, we never ended up doing so. But we don't wholly miss out, as every man and his kid seems to have gotten fireworks and as I type, there are rockets whizzing past our window and exploding, it seems, just above our roof!

It was a sport-filled weekend for Matt- Football, rugby and cricket all yesterday and today. Meanwhile, I went shopping with Hilda and ended up buying more things for Matt than myself- thank goodness, because his previously only warm jacket is seriously MANKY. Sometimes I wish he was a bit more of a metrosexual than the blokey bloke he is (can you imagine?!)... but then my shopping gets curtailed by half, doesn't it?

Anyway, mustn't forget- Happy Birthday to Matt's mom, Barbara!!!!! Hope the party was a fun one, best wishes for the rest of the year!

1 comment:

cindy and matt said...

Yeah, you should have seen amount of used fireworks, littering the public garden, the next day- I'm sure they'd set at least one place on fire, coz I distintly heard fire alarms go off, that night!